My beautiful blessings!

My beautiful blessings!

Friday, October 4, 2013

Where it all began!

     Hey ya'll! So I created this blog months and months ago and am now finally deciding to use it. I've been hesitating starting this blog for many reasons, one being I am a horrible writer,  but mostly I was worried by starting a blog it would just be another distraction and time suck. The main reason why I wanted to start this blog was to document our lives. There's times while talking with friends or family I get asked, when did Rome do this or that, and sometimes I cant remember and it makes me so sad. If I can't remember things that happend a year or 2 ago how the heck am I gonna remember 10 years from now.  I don't want all the wonderful memories and silly stories and milestones to be forgotten. Plus, how fun will it be for my kids and grandkids to look at this blog and be like, hey that's what I was like as a kid, or  I'm just like my grandma, or my mom struggled with that too!  Although I love to stay in touch with people on Facebook, I thought this would be a fun way to share what we are up to. I hope you guys can look past the horrible grammar and enjoy the funny stories and pictures!

Our Story
        I first met my husband Keegan at a new members dinner activity our church singles ward was having. I was sitting at a table with some friends across from me was this guy with the name tag Keegan. I said hey, how do you say your name? Keegan? Ya, he said! I have never heard that name before, it's so cool. We talked for a bit, ya know, where you from? Where did you go on your mission?? Small talk.
        Later on everyone went out back for a swim. Since I was planning on leaving early I didn't bring my suit, plus it was to darn cold and I'm a huge wuss. As I sat by the pool chatting with people I couldn't help but notice this boy Keegan jump out of the pool to grab a volleyball! I turned to my friend Kelsie and said, Oh my gosh look at his abs. He had a smoking bod haha! As we went to leave I heard a voice behind us say, hey will you guys do me a favor? Turned around and standing by the opening of the fence was Keegan. Ya, what's up? Can you check if my sun roof on my car is open its starting to rain? As we went to check my friend pointed out that he drove a  Mercedes. I remember her jokingly saying something like you totally should marry this guy, you guys totally hit it off, plus he drives a Mercedes hehe! I was like meh, I mean don't get me wrong it was nice but I'm just more of a truck gal! He later told me he knew his sun roof wasn't open but saw me leaving and that was the only thing he could thing of to talk to me and make an impression before I left, haha, dork.
        Soon enough we started hanging out in the same group and flirting back and forth. The first time we hung out alone was at the gym, so romantic, I know! It was crazy how fast I felt comfortable around him. It was like I knew him for years. I loved watching him teach Sunday school, he was so confident and it was soooo attractive. The thing that made me fall for him the most was how he could make me laugh and feel so comfortable. We became an official couple in October 2007, general conference weekend. 5 months later we were engaged.
      A few months before we were married Keegan started the police academy for Metro police here in Las Vegas. People who had been through the academy thought we were absolutely crazy for getting married while he was still in the academy. It is super stressful and time consuming. Those who know someone or have gone through it know what I'm talking about. But hey, when you know, you know! We were married in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints Las Vegas temple on June, Friday the 13th 2008! That's right, Friday the 13th baby! I remember people saying, why would you get married on Friday the 13th its bad luck. Well, we are not supersticious and we kinda thought it was fun! It actually ended up being a very lucky day for us!  After waiting ever so patiently(ha, ya right) for 3 years on May, Friday the 13th 2011 we were blessed with our son Rome Keegan Doty! We have now been married for 5 years and wouldn't change it for the world. I stay home with our lil Romeo and love every second of it! I would never ever want to go back to my life before marriage, NOT EVER!! We are now patiently awaiting baby #2 and crossing our fingers that it doesn't take 3 years like last time!
           
Super blurry but Wedding day in front of the Temple
This was taken at Keegans Police academy graduation 
Rome at 2 weeks
One of my favs from his 1yr photo shoot 


 Such a cutie at 2yrs old
Family pic taken at the beach in cali
 

1 comment: