My beautiful blessings!

My beautiful blessings!

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Holiday fun/craziness!

We have had lots of stress and fun this holiday season filled with lots of great friends and family!! We carried on some old traditions and started some new fun one's and some we hope not to repeat.

This year for thanksgiving we headed up to Jess and Bo's. It's always stressful traveling for the holidays but they usually come to us so I'm sure it was nice for them to have everyone come to them for a change. We drove up the night before and spent the night at there house. We were in charge of bringing the turkey, gravy, stuffing and potatoes, and thank goodness we didn't forget anything. I know everyone was a bit nervous cuz, well I can be a wee bit scatter brained and tend to forget important things.  We stayed up late the first night eating junk and playing our favorite game, settlers of catan and of course I won a game hehe.

We woke up the next morning and the preparations began! Everything went smoothly except for a minor hiccup with the fruit jello.nSomebody accidentally put it in the oven to bake instead of the green bean casserol, we won't mention any names, ahem Bo lol. We talked and laughed and stuffed our faces till we were sick. After we ate we took the kids down the street to play at a park. It's so much fun watching the kids play together and develope friendships. I was always jealous of other kids growing up who had a bunch of cousins that they were close with. My siblings all agree we wanna try to keep our kids close so that they can be friends as they grow up!






The next day we were back home and it was on, all the Christmas fun/craziness was about to begin!! Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. Not because of the presents, I just love the music, the lights, the excitement, the magic and just the all around Christmas spirit. It seams like everyone is trying to be a little more kind, positive and joyful during the Christmas season. It's so nice and I wish we could be that way all year round.
 Santa baby

gingerbread house 
Rearranging the tree

It's the best having a kid at Christmas. It brings back the excitement and magic that I had as a kid. It was such a fun year with Rome. He is 2 1/2 now and is starting to know who Santa is and all the fun stuff. We stayed pretty busy this year, it was way fun and exhausting at the same time. It was nice to be so busy, it really kept my mind off of things but I am tired of running around. Some people enjoy being busy all the time and always have to be hanging out and have tons of friends. There's nothing wrong with that but that is totally not me. I am good with a few really good friends that I trust and staying home some days. Don't get me wrong, I need to get out a few times a week but I definiantly enjoy my easy going stay at home and craft and play with just Rome and I days.

One of our playdates with the Gullicksons! We went to the springs preserve. We saw santa there and rode the train! 

Lots and Lots of baking! I am so tired of sweets, Yuck! Just looking at this pic now makes me sick.

Out and about one night with our pals the Gullickson's. Rome is just like his mamma, he hates the cold and was a bit tired and cranky on this trip. 
Ward Christmas party. We were missing daddy that night, he had to work. Rome was glad to have one of his best buds Jackson there.  
Can't forget to fit in our daily workout. Took Rome on a run with me one day and we hit up the park afterwards! 
Went to Keegan's work Christmas party 
It's not Christmas unless you play in the snow, or eat it haha
Didn't want to leave daddy's side

Magical forest at opportunity villag
 
I didn't get a pic of  Grandpa and Grandma Stratton yet but they live 5 min away from us so we have crashed there party many times expecially this month. Rome loves going over and spending time with them and of course so do I. We will be so sad if they ever move away from us....

Whew, that was a super long post and I am soso tired and exhausted from going none stop by this point but there is still some fun to be had!! Next stop early polar express Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa Lindell! It will be in the next post ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment